- Four independent serial RS-232 ports.
- User selectable/shareable interrupts.
- Interrupt status register for increased performance.
- Optional 16750 UARTs available (16550 standard).
- Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP and OS/2 compatible.
- Multi-user operating systems.
- RS-232 networks (LAN Link, Easy LAN).
- Interface to serial printers, plotters and modems.
- RS-232 terminal interfaces.
The QS-100DS is a four channel serial RS-232 communication board that takes up only one ISA expansion slot within the personal computer. It utilizes four 16550 UARTs with 16-byte FIFOs to provide four independent serial channels. All four channels are addressed in a continuous 32 byte I/O block for simplified software access. Full 16-bit address decoding eliminates address conflicts with other peripheral equipment. Interrupt levels IRQ2-7, 10-12 and 14-15 are supported. All four channels can share a single interrupt using an interrupt status register to indicate which port triggered the interrupt.
This upgraded QS-100D-750 provides 16750 UARTs containing 64-byte transmit and receive FIFOs. The increased FIFO size allows the 16750 UART to store large amounts of data; which means that each read or write access to the UART can move more data per operation, resulting in less processor time being used to service the UART, thus permitting sustained transfer rates as high as 1 Mbps. The included Quatech serial device driver for Windows 95/98 provides support for 16750 UART mode. Other applications and/or operating systems may not support a UART operating in 16750 mode, in which case it will function as a 16550.
BUS INTERFACE: 16-bit ISA.
- with 16750 UARTs--1 Mbps, depending upon system constraints and the board's oscillator frequency.
TRANSMIT DRIVERS: MC1488 or compatible.
- 4 16750 UARTs with 64-byte FIFOs
RECEIVE BUFFERS:MC1489 or compatible.
- High Level Output:+9V min, +10.5V max.
- Low Level Output: -9V min, -10.5V max.
- Switching Speed:55ns typ, 100ns max.
I/O ADDRESS RANGE: 0000H - FFFFH.
INTERRUPT LEVELS: IRQ2 to IRQ7, IRQ10 to IRQ12, IRQ14, IRQ15.
- High Level Input: +3V to +13V.
- Low Level Input: -3V to -13V.
- Switching Speed 120ns typ, 175ns max.
CONNECTOR: D-37 female connector or four D-25 male connectors on included cable.
OS SUPPORT: Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP and OS/2
INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: CP-QS cable.
- +5V: 382mA (typical), 438mA (maximum).
- +12V: 57mA (typical), 67mA (maximum).
- -12V: 54mA (typical), 63mA (maximum).
This board is from excess stock and is unused.
This board is not ROHS compliant (ROHS compliant versions of this board were never available)
Board has been tested to ensure it works.
Board comes with a 3 month warranty.