The DS-MPE-SER4M is a rugged, low cost 4-port high speed PCIe MiniCard module that is ideal for serial I/O expansion in embedded and OEM applications. It offers four RS-232/422-485 serial ports in the PCIe MiniCard full size form factor with an extended operating temperature of -40°C to +85°C. Data rates on every port are up to 1Mbps in RS-232 mode, and 10Mbps in RS-422 and RS-485 modes. The board's protocols can be set by jumpers or programmatically selected with GPIO lines built into the UART and controlled via software. The serial I/O signals are provided on two miniature connectors with two ports per connector.
- 4 PCI-based 10/100 Ethernet ports
- 4 high speed RS-232/422/485 serial ports
- Maximum 1Mbps RS-232 mode/10Mbps RS-422/485
- Protocols software or jumper selectable
- 256-byte TX/RX FIFO
- SP336 multi-mode transceivers support all modes
- Programmable slew rate minimizes ringing
- +/-15KV ESD protection on all ports
- +3.3VDC input power
- Support for Windows XP and Linux 2.6
- Operating temperature -40ºC to +85ºC
- PCIe MiniCard full size form factor (50.95 x 30mm
This board comes with two dual-port serial cables.
This board is just one of a range of high quality serial, analog and digital I/O boards from Diamond Systems - refer to our main website for other boards in their range.