The DS-MPE-GPIO is a rugged, low cost 36-channel digital I/O PCIe MiniCard module that is ideal for digital I/O expansion in embedded and OEM applications.
An FPGA provides 36 buffered digital I/O lines that can be configured to operate in simple I/O mode in the form of 8-bit and 4-bit ports, or in counter/timer and pulse width modulator modes. Two ports are fixed digital I/O ports with programmable direction in 8-bit groups. One port can operate as either a 4-bit DIO or 4 counter/timers with 1 input and 1 output per counter. One port can operate as either 8 DIO or up to 8 pulse width modulators.
Extended temperature operation of -40°C to +85°C enables the board to operate in environments with extreme temperature swings, such as vehicles or outdoor installations.
- 36 buffered digital I/O lines
- Configurable for up to 4 24-bit PWM
- Configurable for 4 programmable counter/timers
- 3245 transceivers for high current output
- Sofware configurable pull-up/pull-down
- +3.3VDC input power
- Latching connectors for increased ruggedness
- Support for Windows 7, XP, CE, and Linux 2.6
- Universial Driver support for all functions
- Operating temperature -40ºC to +85ºC
- PCIe MiniCard full size form factor (50.95 x 30mm)
This board comes with two digital I/O cables.
This board is just one of a range of high quality serial, analog and digital I/O boards from Diamond Systems - refer to our main website for other boards in their range.