The Janus-MM-4LP-XT I/O module offers four CANbus 2.0B ports with opto-isolation plus 16 digital I/O lines. Models are available in both the PC/104-Plus and PC/104 form factors. An FGPA core houses the CAN controller logic and provides data rates up to 1Mbps. Each port supports standard and extended frames as well as expanded TX and RX message queues for enhanced performance. Each port has its own combination isolator and transceiver chip. The module also offers 16 programmable digital I/O lines organized as three 8-bit digital I/O ports.
The module comes with a basic CAN driver for Windows 7, XP and Linux 2.6. The driver supports dual-independent and dual-redundant modes. Also included free with the product are Windows and Linux APIs and monitor programs. The monitor program allows the user to set, manage and observe all of the functions and traffic on the CAN ports and digital I/O lines.
Janus-MM-4LP-XT fits a wide variety of rugged and on-vehicle embedded serial I/O application needs. It was designed with harsh applications in mind including latching connectors to further improve reliability. Extended temperature operation of -40°C to +85°C is tested and guaranteed. The module is compatible with MIL-STD-202G shock and vibration specifications.
- 2 or 4 CAN 2.0B ports
- Data rates up to 1Mbps
- Supports standard (11-bit identifier) and extended (29-bit identifier) frames
- Expanded TX and RX message queues for enhance performance
- 16 8-byte transmit message queues
- 31 8-byte receive message queues
- 16 receive filters
- Galvanically isolated transceivers
- 500V port-to-host and port-to-port isolation
- Jumper selectable biased split termination for improved noise reduction
- 16 digital I/O lines
- Latching connectors for increased ruggedness
- PCI and ISA bus interfaces
- Basic CAN driver included with APIs and monitor program
- Supports Linux Ubuntu 12.04LTS and Windows Embedded 7
- PC/104-Plus form factor:
- 3.55" x 3.775" (90mm x 96mm)
- Extremely rugged -40ºC to +85ºC operation
- MIL-STD-202G shock and vibration compatible
Note that this is dual port PC/104-Plus (PCI) version.