Two Port Universal (Low Profile) RS-232 PCI Card
- Two RS-232 serial ports
- Universal PCI connector
- Speeds up to 921.6 kbps
- Exar PCI UARTs with 64 byte transmit and receive FIFO buffers for each port
- Fits 2U racks
- Includes surge suppresion
- Supplied with cable which brings ports out to standard DB-9
- Windows 2000/XP and NT, QNX, Linux support
- Comes fitted with a low profile, standard PCI bracket in box
- Five year warranty
The low profile BlueStorm/LP is designed on the small MD1 form factor, using high performance PCI UARTs. The UARTs offer 64 bytes of transmit and receive FIFO buffers, reducing the frequency of interrupts to the main CPU, thus improving overall system performance. The UART offers full functionality in a single chip, meaning fewer components on the board and therefore higher reliability.
All ports have full modem control, along with independent configuration options for parity, baud rate, data and stop bits.