This compact Ethernet-to-serial device is designed to operate under the harsh conditions found on the factory floor or wherever rugged, reliable communications are required. Offering two ports of software selectable RS-232/422/485 connectivity, the Blue Heat/Net 2 can locate COM ports anywhere on your Ethernet LAN allowing you to remotely control your serial peripherals from any connected workstation or via the Internet from anywhere in the world.
This Ethernet-to-serial device is designed for wall or DIN rail mounting and operates within an industrial temperature range of -40°C to 85°C (-40°F to 185°F). It offers flexible DC power input from 5V DC to 30V DC and optional Power over Ethernet (PoE) with screw terminal power connectors. It also includes MDI/MDIX auto-detect to allow straight-through or crossover Ethernet cables.
The Blue Heat/Net 2 Ethernet-to-serial device eliminates the need for a dedicated PC, cutting equipment expenses and time required to monitor information from individual workstations. It can be configured and controlled via serial interface, or remotely via Telnet or web-based HTTP.
All CTI Ethernet-to-serial devices include an auto-sensing 10Base-T, 100Base-TX LAN interface, and can achieve data speeds up to 460.8 Kbps per port. Each port is independently configurable, and software customization is a breeze. Based on the uClinux embedded operating system, the Blue Heat/Net Ethernet-to-serial device offers programmers a familiar Linux API. Connect Tech includes a full range of open source development tools via its free Software Development Kit. You can create customized protocols and download them directly to the on-board Flash memory, making the Blue Heat/Net one of the most flexible Ethernet-to-serial products on the market.
All Connect Tech Ethernet-to-serial devices include lifetime warranty and free technical support. Blue Heat/Net 2 is UL Listed and IECEE certified.
This Blue Heat/Net includes: one BNG009, a Blue Heat/Net 2 port RS-232 adapter; one CBG006, a 6ft CAT5 RJ-45 cable and one MSG004, a power supply for the United Kingdom. Industrial temperature -40ºC to 85ºC. DB-9 serial connectors. RoHS compliant
- Two software selectable RS-232 serial ports
- Industrial temperature range of -40°C to 85°C and rugged industrial housing
- Configurable vis serial interface, Telnet or user-friendly web browser interface
- Industrial protocol models (Modbus, AllenBradley, Rockwell Automation, DNP3)
- Auto-sensing, 10Base-T, 100Base-TX Ethernet LAN interface
- Multi-mode DC power (5V to 30V DC) and optional PoE (Power over Ethernet)
- Supports Raw TCP and PPP server and client modes
- Programmable embedded Linux core
- Free Software Development Kit (SDK) for software customization
- Data communication speeds up to 460.8 Kbps
- Full modem and hardware flow control pins on all ports
- Built in wall mount
- RoHS compliant